Unapologetically Grandma

My journey to learning to embrace growing older & all the changes that come with it.

♥Friends♥


Monday, June 17, 2024

#NOSPEND #Challenge #UnapologeticallyGrandma

 

Want my template that you can print for each month?
Sign up for my newsletter OR follow my blog (to the far left) -
if you decide to follow my blog, be sure to email me so I can send it over to you
gracelynnemacallister@outlook.com


I get a bonus twice a year. Each time I get it, it’s gone in less than a month. I stock up on needed items in the house, catch up on all past due bills, and grab a few things for the kids and I (this time around the house I rent needed some major things, so a lot went to that).

I get paid bi-weekly and on my second pay period for July, my raise will go into effect…maybe $300 a month ($150 per pay) after taxes. This amount still does not cover the amount I am in the hole (so to speak) each month.

My rent will also be raised by $700-$800 in November. There are a few cheaper places I’ve been seeing (not by much, though) for the size of home I need. So, closer to then I need to determine if it’s worth the moving expenses and new deposits with knowing that I will not get back my security deposit (I rented from a not-so-reputable landlord but didn’t know it at the time). No one gets their deposit back and if they go month to month after the initial 1-year lease, he finds a way to kick them out, keep their deposit, and get someone else in with another hefty deposit (mine was almost $6000 and the home was in terrible condition and nothing was ever fixed as promised).

Anyway, will need to weigh out spending my whole fourth quarter bonus on a move or trying to determine how to pay another huge sum of money that I just don’t have.

In relation to that entire “short story, long” – I am planning to do a no-spend July 1 – Dec 1. I will pay bills and try to reel in my grocery spending if possible (I mean we still have to eat). The idea is to try to make everything balance out with the small $300-a-month raise. I don’t know that it’s possible with the escalating electric bill prices in the AZ heat, which more than eat up that monthly raise amount in addition to what I’ve already been paying month over month.

But I need to try.

Anyone in? Want to do this with me?

I’d like to try to do it for all of 2025, so this is my trial run (plus December is a mess).

For 2025, I know I need to reel in birthday and Christmas spending (kids and grandkids for one place where I can cut expenses).

Anyway, who’s in? Then in December, we can all collaborate on ideas to do it the whole next year.



No comments:

Post a Comment